Edelrid Giga Jul
The most versatile ever belay device. The Giga Jul is a standard and assisted braking tuber in one. The assisted braking function which supports the braking force can be activated or disabled by an intelligent mechanism. For situation-dependent belaying and abseiling, especially in alpine terrain.
- Small eyelet for releasing unit with a carabiner when bringing up your partner
- Suitable for 7.1 - 10.0 mm double and twin ropes
- Intelligent hybrid design: body made of ultra-light aluminum, areas susceptible to abrasion made of robust stainless steel
- Guide mode: simple and rapid abseiling and bringing up seconds plus comfortable belaying from a belay station as a doubled rope
- Assisted braking guide mode: brake boost for catching falls in leader mode
- Rope can be paid out faster in assisted braking guide mode by holding the device in the “open” position with the thumb
- Weight: 121 g
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Overall, excellent belay device. I have used it in manual and assisted braking mode as well as belaying two sport climbers and trad with 8.9mm rope. Assisted break function works well. BUT PAY ATTENTION!!! It is still very much an atc.