The most versatile ever belay device. The Giga Jul is a standard and assisted braking tuber in one. The assisted braking function which supports the braking force can be activated or disabled by an intelligent mechanism. For situation-dependent belaying and abseiling, especially in alpine terrain.
- Small eyelet for releasing unit with a carabiner when bringing up your partner
- Suitable for 7.1 - 10.0 mm double and twin ropes
- Intelligent hybrid design: body made of ultra-light aluminum, areas susceptible to abrasion made of robust stainless steel
- Guide mode: simple and rapid abseiling and bringing up seconds plus comfortable belaying from a belay station as a doubled rope
- Assisted braking guide mode: brake boost for catching falls in leader mode
- Rope can be paid out faster in assisted braking guide mode by holding the device in the “open” position with the thumb
- Weight: 121 g