Our most versatile belay and abseil device made of solid stainless steel for durability.
- High braking performance assists the belayer with leader falls
- Small eyelet for releasing unit with a carabiner when bringing up your partner
- For belaying a leader or bringing up 2 seconds, also suitable for abseiling
- Rope can be paid out faster to a leader by holding device in the “open” position with the thumb
- Robust solid stainless steel construction
- Suitable for 7.8 - 10.5 mm ropes
- Approved rope diameter [mm]: 7,9 - 10,5
- country of origin: Germany
- Weight: 65 g
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Didn't have any issues belaying lead, top-rope or in guide mode (using a single 10 and 8.5 half-ropes). ATC is less work, but the added security of this device is very confidence inspiring.
For multi-pitch, seems many people recommend using the Mega Jul to belay the leader and an ATC for the follower(s) - this does seem to strike a good balance between giving a secure lead belay and an efficient belay for seconds.
Abseiling (in the non-brake-assist mode) isn't too different from an ATC.