Our most versatile belay and abseil device made of solid stainless steel for durability.
- High braking performance assists the belayer with leader falls
- Small eyelet for releasing unit with a carabiner when bringing up your partner
- For belaying a leader or bringing up 2 seconds, also suitable for abseiling
- Rope can be paid out faster to a leader by holding device in the “open” position with the thumb
- Robust solid stainless steel construction
- Suitable for 7.8 - 10.5 mm ropes
- Approved rope diameter [mm]: 7,9 - 10,5
- country of origin: Germany
- Weight: 65 g
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I personally have a massive fear of heights normally and on lead it is even worse, even in the gym. This little device has helped ease a lot of my fears. It is an amazingly fast auto-locking device as it only requires to fingers worth of grip for it to lock and that was us testing it (we had a back up but with a lot of slack to not interrupt the test). It is light weight and small which I love over the clunky gri gri's , also a very small learning curve over an atc and a lot safer.
I think this should be an essential for indoor and outdoor climbers alike.
Didn't have any issues belaying lead, top-rope or in guide mode (using a single 10 and 8.5 half-ropes). ATC is less work, but the added security of this device is very confidence inspiring.
For multi-pitch, seems many people recommend using the Mega Jul to belay the leader and an ATC for the follower(s) - this does seem to strike a good balance between giving a secure lead belay and an efficient belay for seconds.
Abseiling (in the non-brake-assist mode) isn't too different from an ATC.