The Swift Protect Pro Dry is the first dynamic single rope with built-in cut resistance. This means high-strength aramid fibres are integrated into the rope sheath during the braiding process. This increases the cut resistance of the rope many times over. This makes the Swift Protect Pro Dry the ideal lead climbing rope in rough terrain or when an additional safety reserve is required.
- Used in the aerospace industry, aramid is an incredibly cut-resistant fibre
- Bluesign® approved product means the company took deliberate steps to reduce negative impacts on the health of the environment, workers and wearer
- Certified as a single, half and twin rope
- Thermoshield temperature treatment harmonises the fibres to create a rope with impressive handling and durability
- UIAA Pro Dry treatment repels water, making the rope safe to use when wet; it also repels dirt and aluminium oxide dust, increasing the rope's lifespan
- Unique 3D lap coil process lets you belay right out of the package, without kinking or tangling
Single Rope, Half Rope, Twin Rope
|Rope Length (m)||
|Rope Diameter (mm)||
Dry Core and Sheath
53 grams per meter
Product meets the bluesign® criteria
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
"Finally, a skinny rope I can trust,” said one tester of Edelrid’s new 8.9mm dynamic rope. At the forefront of rope technology since they developed the world’s first kernmantel rope in 1953, Edelrid has raised the bar again with the new Swift Protect Pro Dry 8.9mm, the first dynamic single rope with built-in cut resistance thanks to a Kevlar-like material called Aramid that’s woven into the sheath. And while Aramid is particularly static, Edelrid employed a newly developed production process to reduce the impact force to a tolerable level. One tester observed, “[It] was a bit stiff at first, but after a few outings it softened up. Now that it’s broken in, it feeds well through a GriGri and ATC and provides a nice, soft catch.” The Swift Protect is lightweight (53 g/m) and durable, making it ideal for alpine climbing and redpoint goes—it’s not recommended as a toprope or workhorse. Comes with a Pro Dry finish, so the rope stays dry in wet conditions, and a Thermo Shield treatment for ideal handling; certified as a single, half, and twin.