The Defy is one of the best selling climbing shoes in the world. Anatomical fit that is great for beginners and advanced climbers coupled with great looks makes it a no-brainer for a first timers or repeat buyers. The Synthratek VX upper and Agion® Antimicrobial liner ensure lasting comfort and odor protection. The split tongue and dual hook and loop closure provide easy on and off and secure fit.
- VEGAN FRIENDLY SYNTHETIC - Synthratek VX synthetic upper.
- SPLIT TONGUE - Gives maximum comfort and easy on and off.
- AGION® - Agion® Antimicrobial lining throughout the shoe and on the split tongue.
- WIDER & HIGHER VOLUME SHAPE
- FULL LENGHT MIDSOLE & OUTSOLE - For maximum support and comfort.
- OPPOSING CLOSURE STRAPS - For maximum tension.
- MOULDED VTR - Our Variable Thickness Rand (VTR) system puts thinner rand rubber in areas to reduce pressure points and hot spots around the foot as well as thicker rubber for increased longevity in the high wear zones near the toe for durability and performance.
- TRAX® SAS - Best friction plus maximum durability.
- CATEGORY: CLIMBING SHOE • ALL-ROUND
- SIZES: 5 - 13.5 US MEN'S (INCLUDING HALF SIZES) & 14,15, 16
- WEIGHT: 8.5oz PER SHOE (SIZE 9 US MEN'S)
- COLOR: BLACK SULPHUR
- PROFILE: ASYMMETRIC
- UPPER: SYNTHETIC (SYNTHRATEK VX)
- LINER: AGION® ANTIMICROBIAL TREATED MESH
- MIDSOLE: MX-P: 1.4mm SENSITIVE FULL-LENGTH
- OUTSOLE: 4.2mm TRAX® SAS
- RAND: VTR (THICKER FRONT TOE AREA)
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Great shoe first time shoe, I got them fairly snug and they worked great for me! They held up well, the rubber didn't wear too fast and they had a decent life. I really enjoyed them and now I've moved on to my next pair of Evolv shoes.
The Defy does exactly what it promises...delivers great performance for an enrty level shoe. It has a stiff sole which provided great support for standing on the smallest edges on vert and slab. This coupled with its hard sole rubber provides great performance on really small holds and on longer climbs. It is a very comfortable non specific fit which means it can be worn all day without discomfort to the feet even when very downsized (like I wear them). The easy double strap closure system means security while also making them easy to put on and take off between pithces. They are a great training and gym shoe and the heel is good enough to do even hard boulders. I have even been able to send hard toe hook problems in them. A great shoe for the gym or long day in the harness on a multi pitch.