Slingsby's Hike the Cederberg Map
SLINGSBY'S HIKE THE CEDERBERG MAP
We’re very pleased to announce the release of our brand new two‑map set, HIKE THE CEDERBERG.
There are two double‑sided A1-sized maps in the set (i.e. four maps in all), covering the entire Cederberg Wilderness and extending north to Wolfdrif and south to Mount Ceder. The maps are printed on Duraflex waterproof material and are packaged together in a folding slipcase. The maps will not be available separately.
More than a hundred hikers, mountaineers, conservationists and locals have contributed their special knowledge to the project, which has been proudly endorsed by CapeNature. Every single public footpath has been researched on foot, and the maps include distances between path junctions, as well as GPS coordinates, altitudes, etc etc.
What's more, the maps also detail:
- popular bouldering sites, as well as the complex of fine mountain biking trails around Dwarsrivier/Sanddrif and other locations;
- caves, perennial water, pools, dramatic rock formations and sites of historical importance (but caves that have rock art are not shown except in supervised situations such as the Sevilla Trail);
- the famous Cederberg shalebands, dense vegetation, cedar plantations, prominent rock screes and rockfalls, etc etc;
- the best places to stay from which your hikes might be launched, with their telephone numbers.
We spent many delightful days enjoying the warm hospitality of the local communities, gathering more than 200 authentic place names – many of them very old which have never appeared on any maps before.
If you would like to track the progress of the mapping from inception to printing, please visit our blog at http://cederbergmap.blogspot.com. From time to time the blog will also feature comments, hints and, as we become aware of them, any corrections to the existing edition of the maps.
We can proudly claim that these are the best and most definitive hiking maps of the Cederberg ever produced.
- 1:40 000 (2.5cm = 1km) contoured at 20m intervals;
- A1+ x 2 full colour, double-sided waterproof maps in plastic slipcase;
- The maps include a 10' longitude/latitude grid for GPS users;
- ISBN 978-1-920377-22-9