Slingsby's Garden Route
SLINGSBY'S GARDEN ROUTE
The Garden Route is so much more than a rather scenic national road. Explore the intriguing winding side roads and you'll discover the delights of places with names like Whiskey Creek, De Vlugt, Phantom Pass and Noetzie. Here in the little known by ways you can find old goldmines, traces of elephants, magical forest walks, castles on beaches, extraordinary old passes and ...
This is a full-relief double sided map covering the whole of the Western Cape's official Garden Route Tourism Region from Heidelberg in the west to Storms River in the east. It includes the Tsitsikamma and Outeniqua Mountains and the Longkloof to the north of them.
‘Garden Route – the map’ continues the Slingsby Map tradition of accurate, comprehensive information that's just not available on any other map ...
The main map shows the area from Mossel Bay to Storms River. On the reverse the map extends westward from Mossel Bay to Cape Infanta and Heidelberg, on the border of the Overberg. It also has detailed insets of George, Knysna and Plettenberg Bay, at a scale of 1:40 000. These insets are the most up to date maps available of these rapidly-developing areas.
The maps show -
- All roads, from National Highways to minor dirt roads and footpaths, with distances clearly marked;
- Full GPS coordinates in DD MM.mm format for all road junctions;
- A range of some 30 different types of attractions are detailed on the map, from farm stalls, abseiling, horse riding and golf courses to game viewing, botanical gardens and historical sites and many accommodation establishments, especially those out of towns;
- A fascinating diagram showing the relative dimensions of the four famous Tsitsikamma bridges.
main map 1:200 000 (5cm = 10km)
reverse side: 1:300 000 (3.33cm = 10km)
- contoured at 20m intervals
- Height shading that indicates altitude.
- The main map includes a 1’ longitude/latitude grid for GPS users.
- GPS coordinates in DD MM.mm format at all road junctions.
- A2+ double-sided full colour map in plastic sleeve
- A 20m-square grid.