Slingsby's Overberg Whale Coast Map
SLINGSBY'S OVERBERG WHALE COAST TOURING MAP
The Overberg is one of the premier tourist regions of South Africa. Here the Cape Fold Mountains march eastward from Sir Lowry's Pass, a rugged backdrop to this old Cape landscape of farmsteads, gravel passes and unspoiled views. Delightful towns await you – historic Swellendam, McGregor and the winefarms of the Bonnievale valley, Hermanus and the fishing villages beyond. Missions, beaches littered with shipwreck sites, whales trolling the surf - all kinds of wonders await you!
This double sided A1, full-relief map covers the whole of the official Overberg Tourism Region. The main map extends from Somerset West along the coast to Cape Hangklip, Hermanus thence to Cape Agulhas and on eastwards to Port Beaufort/Witsand and the Breede River, then north to Heidelberg, Barrydale and Montagu. From Robertson the map extends west to Villiersdorp and back to Stellenbosch.
The reverse side of the map includes enlarged inset maps of 24 of the larger towns in the region, at the greatly-enlarged scale of 1:25 000, or 4cm to the kilometre. These beautifully-drawn street maps are based on the latest available information.
The maps show -
- All roads from National Highways to minor gravel roads, with distances;
- Full GPS coordinates in DD MM.mm format for all road junctions;
- to indicate the most scenic routes;
- A range of some 30 different types of attractions from farm stalls, abseiling, horse riding and golf courses to game viewing, botanical gardens and historical sites;
- Many accommodation establishments, especially those out of towns;
- The best whale-watching sites, over 200 shipwreck sites;
- A unique key to the meanings of Khoisan place names.
main map 1:250 000 (4cm = 10km)
inset maps 1:25 000 (4cm = 1km)
- Full GPS coordinates in DD MM.mm format for all road junctions
- Contoured at 100m intervals
- Height shading to indicate altitude.
- A1 double-sided full colour map, in plastic sleeve.
- The map includes a 5' longitude/latitude grid for GPS users.