Black Diamond Epic 45L
BLACK DIAMOND EPIC 45L
From multi-day alpine routes to casual crag outings, the Black Diamond Epic 45 covers the diverse needs of the four-season climber. This durable, guide-style pack features our patent-pending ergoACTIV™ and SwingArm™ shoulder straps for unparalleled freedom of movement over varied climbing terrain. The Epic 45's ice tool PickPockets™, welded crampon patch and tuck-away rope strap secure your gear on the approach, and we included a removable padded hipbelt and fixed webbing belt for easy strip-downs.
- Patent-pending ergoACTIV suspension with SwingArm shoulder straps and fixed torso length
- Thermoformed, vented backpanel
- Top-loading with fixed top pocket and tuck-away rope strap
- Ice tool PickPockets, 3-point haul system and welded crampon patch with removable strap
- Removable padded hipbelt and fixed 25 mm webbing belt
- Hydration compatible
- Materials : 420d Velocity with 420d welded abrasion
- Volume : [S] 43 L (2,624 cu in); [M] 45 L (2,746 cu in); [L] 47 L (2,868 cu in)
- Average Stripped Weight : [S] 1560 g (3 lb 7 oz); [M] 1,570 g (3 lb 7 oz); [L] 1580 g (3 lb 7 oz)
- Average Stock Weight : [S] 1,670 g (3 lb 11 oz); [M] 1,690 g (3 lb 11 oz; [L] 1,720 g (3 lb 12 oz)
Why ACTIVE suspension?
Black Diamond packs are built with our award winining active suspension system are unparalleled in comfort, efficiency and load transfer. Beuase the shoulder straps and hipbelt move with you, friction and hotspots are eliminated. The pack's load stays perfectly alanced at all times - without adjustment - and llows you r body to move naturally in any direction. This results in a more efficient, comfortable, longer stride - meaning you can cover more ground, more quickly.
How to fit Black Diamond packs: