Black Diamond Epic 45L
BLACK DIAMOND EPIC 45L
One climbing pack to do it all, the Black Diamond Epic 45 is our most versatile pack built to handle the full 365 days of sunny rock routes, figid icefalls and foreboding alpine faces. This guide-style, top loading pack emplys our ergoACTIV suspension system, which uses and active, pivoting hipbelt for dynamic, responsive movement over variable terrain. Ice-tool Pick-pockets and ladder lock crampon straps secure your technical gear on the approach and the descent.
- ergoACTIV suspension with SwingArm™ shoulder straps and thermoformed backpanel
- Top-loading, with removable, floating top pocket, skirt closure and tuck-away rope strap
- Ice-tool PickPockets, three-point haul system, and ladder-lock crampon straps
- Removable, padded hipbelt with fixed webbing belt
- Hydration compatible
- Materials : 420d Velocity with 420d welded abrasion
- Volume : [S] 43 L (2,624 cu in); [M] 45 L (2,746 cu in); [L] 47 L (2,868 cu in)
- Average Stripped Weight : [S] 1560 g (3 lb 7 oz); [M] 1,570 g (3 lb 7 oz); [L] 1580 g (3 lb 7 oz)
- Average Stock Weight : [S] 1,670 g (3 lb 11 oz); [M] 1,690 g (3 lb 11 oz; [L] 1,720 g (3 lb 12 oz)
Why ACTIVE suspension?
Black Diamond packs are built with our award winining active suspension system are unparalleled in comfort, efficiency and load transfer. Beuase the shoulder straps and hipbelt move with you, friction and hotspots are eliminated. The pack's load stays perfectly alanced at all times - without adjustment - and llows you r body to move naturally in any direction. This results in a more efficient, comfortable, longer stride - meaning you can cover more ground, more quickly.
How to fit Black Diamond packs: