The Dragonfly stove takes precision-simmering performance and puts it in a chassis that’s built to handle a variety of fuels and the frequent use dished-out by global vagabonds. Tough and stable, it also excels in institutional and guide service settings, easily handling pots up to 10” in diameter. Its dual-valve design delivers the flame control you need for simmering sauces, and goes from zero to searing at the twist of a knob for melting snow and brewing-up fast.
- Unrivaled Flame Control: We pioneered the dual-valve design of the Dragonfly stove, enabling it to deliver precision, simmer-to-boil control.
- Extra Wide Pot Supports: Wide pot supports hold up to 10" maximum diameter pots or fry pans for group cooking
- Multi-Fuel: Burns white gas, kerosene, unleaded auto fuel, diesel, and jet fuel.
- Compact: Folds to 1/3 of its working size and fits in a two-liter MSR pot for easy storage.
- Efficient: Suspended burner cup enables the stove to burn hot and strong while reducing heat lost to the ground
- Field Maintainable: Shaker Jet™ technology and smart engineering allow complete cleaning and maintenance in the field.
Includes: Fuel pump, windscreen, heat reflector, small-parts kit, instructions, and stuff sack. (Fuel bottle not included.)
|Minimum Weight (Standard)||14.1 oz||Minimum Weight (Metric)||0.40 kg|
|Packaged Weight (Standard)||1 lbs 1 oz||Packaged Weight (Metric)||0.51 kg|
|Burn time (white gas) per 600ml / 20 oz. of fuel||126 minutes||Burn time (kerosene) per 600ml / 20 oz. of fuel||153 minutes|
|Burn time (diesel) per 600ml / 20 oz. of fuel||136 minutes||Boil time (white gas), 1 liter||3.5 minutes|
|Boil time (kerosene), 1 liter||3.9 minutes||Boil time (diesel), 1 liter||3.5 minutes|
|Water boiled (white gas) per 100 ml of fuel||5.3 liters||Water boiled (white gas) per 1 oz. of fuel||1.6 liters|
|Water boiled (kerosene) per 100 ml of fuel||5.7 liters||Water boiled (kerosene) per 1 oz. of fuel||1.7 liters|
|Water boiled (diesel) per 100 ml of fuel||5.7 liters||Water boiled (diesel) per 1 oz. of fuel||1.7 liters|
|Country of Origin||Made in Seattle, USA|
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Honestly for the trips one can do in South Africa this might be bit overkill and a bit loud which tends to ruin the peacefully mountain setting. However, the usability of this stove is fantastic and really allows for any and all type of cooking , the main reason being the simmer capabilities of the stove and the ease of use. Not to mention that if paired with the 887ml fuel bottle, that can be filled for about R30, it is very cost effective in the long run and the last absolutely for ever.
The dragonfly is an amazing expedition stove. Burns a variety of fuels, is compact, durable and easy to use. Priming the stove is a bit of a hassle sometimes if only you want a quick cup of tea but it's amazing for bigger meals. Simmers well for stews and things. Can get dirty quickly if you use diesel, Benzene is recommended and is available almost everywhere and cheap.