The GRIGRI is a belay device with assisted braking designed for belaying both in the gym and at the crag. Compact and lightweight, it can be used with single ropes from 8.5 to 11 mm. The assisted braking function makes belaying more convenient when holding a climber or catching a fall. The design of the handled camming mechanism enables exceptional descent control.
- Belaying convenience, thanks to assisted braking: when a climber falls, the device pivots on the carabiner, the rope tightens and the cam pinches and brakes the rope. Holding the brake side of the rope helps engage the cam; therefore, it is important to always hold the brake side of the rope
- Compatible with dynamic single ropes 8.5 to 11 mm, optimized for 8.9 to 10.5 mm
- Rope installation diagram engraved on both the interior and exterior of the device
- Exceptional convenience when lowering:
- The ergonomic handle allows you to easily unblock the rope and lower someone
- Easily controlled, progressive rope feed provides a smooth and comfortable descent
- Intended for all users:
- Simple to use for belaying both lead or top-rope climbers
- Optimally balanced design: lightweight (175 g), compact and durable
- Weight: 175 g
- Rope compatibility: 8.5 to 11 mm single rope
- Material(s): aluminum side plates, stainless steel cam and friction plate, reinforced nylon handle
- Certification(s): CE EN 15151-1, UIAA
|Guarantee||3 years||3 years||3 years|
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Good, safe device.
I find it one of the safest belaying devices on the market. I have used over 8 different belaying devices and always come back to the GriGri.
Of all the devices out there, the GriGri is my go to device for sport climbing. The semi locking aspect gives me added confidence when I dont know my belayer all that well.