La Sportiva TX4 R Men's Approach Shoe
Characterized by the golden years of climbing, the TX4 R is a tribute to the origins of La Sportiva. This Special Edition TX4 R will come with it’s own retro-themed inspired box. The revival of the mythical “Climbing on the Moon” and historical La Sportiva logo branding will evoke warm feelings of nostalgia.
• Eco materials come from upper leather with metal-free tanning, recycled tongue fabric, lace and hooks, internal mesh with recycled material, mudguard with recycled rubber EVA midsole with 7% recycled content
• Vibram® Megagrip™ Outsole with enhanced stability area and Trail Bite™ heel offers excellent grip properties on both dry and wet terrains while maintaining a high level of durability
• Wide forefoot fit for excellent all day comfort and stability
• User profile: Climbers and hikers looking for an impressively capable shoe with a nice balance of stiffness and flexibility, protection, longevity of materials and ample support when carrying a heavier load.
• WEIGHT: Full Pair - approximately 810 grams
• STYLE: Technical
• VOLUME: High (men/unisex)
• CLOSURE: Cord laces
• RISE: Low
• FEATURES: Climbing Zone, Low toe lacing
• SIZING: EU: 37 - 47.5 (half sizes)
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION:
• Upper: Nubuck Leather / Padded tongue with recycled fabric / Recycled rubber rand and toe cap / Mythos Lacing System with Recycled laces & eyelets
• Midsole: Traverse injection MEMlex with co-molded TPU shank and 7% Recycled EVA / STB Control System™ / ESS Resoling Platform
• Insole / Liner: Non-slip mesh
• Sole: Vibram® Megagrip™ with Impact Brake System™ and Climbing Zone Platform / 3mm lugs
• Last: Traverse
TRACTION & GRIP
The innovative system is applied to the sole to absorb negative ground impact, help traction and improve grip downhill.
Created and developed by the R&D department at
La Sportiva, it offers real advantages during racing by reducing negative ground impact. The unique position of the lugs allows as many of them as possible to come into contact with the ground, for maximum impact absorption.
The models use the exclusive eco-friendly La Sportiva insoles by OrthoLite® Hybrid, made using 20% recycled material from the production process. These insoles are designed for both men’s and women’s feet and the thicknesses and materials differ to suit the weight of the average user.
• Eco-friendly and washable: they contain recycled rubber and are machine-washable.
• Maximum wearing comfort thanks to the insole ventilation and the highly breathable PU foam cells: the foot is always dry and kept at the perfect temperature.
• They facilitate the wicking of sweat thus keeping the foot dry.
• Enhanced durability thanks to the anti-compression technology which keeps material compression down to less than 5% over time.
EVA - COMPRESSION:
Standard compression molded EVA midsoles provide durability and reactivity on soft ground where the need for shock absorption is reduced.
The La Sportiva Mountain Running® footwear adopts 3 different kind of midsoles depending on the style and on the needed performances
In typical outdoor slang, the expression, “traverse ” indicates the approach to a climbing wall, a crossing on mixed terrain, a technical passage in off-road racing.
Approach, Mountaineering and Mountain Running:
3 different approaches to outdoor exploits condensed in a “multifunction” series, Traverse X: 3 different models similar in design, lacing system, grip and comfort fit, differentiated in weight and materials.
+ Shock absorption, fit and flexibility derived from Mountain Running
+ Mountaineering durability and protection
+ Lacing inspired by climbing shoes
+ Rock Climbing grip with the exclusive VIBRAM® MEGAGRIP Sole